Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A View of My Airspace

"In the fabric of space and in the nature of matter, as in a great work of art, there is, written small, the artist's signature." Carl Sagan


After my lesson last week I soloed around the North Shore of Lake Tahoe to bag another hour. Enjoy the photos I was able to snap as I aviated, navigated, communicated, then took pictures.




Foreground: Squaw Valley. Background: Alpine Meadows, where I teach skiing.


Looking South towards South Lake Tahoe and Heavenly ski resort.


Looking East across the lake at the East Shore and the Carson Range. In the foreground is what's known as Thunder Ridge. Cool name, huh?


A lone cloud formation half way up the modest mountain that is my backyard, Mt. Baldy, with the 11,000' Mt. Rose in the left background.


Desolation Wilderness in the background, with Alpine's sister resort, Homewood in the foreground. Homewood has the best views of the lake. Sometimes at Homewood it seems that if you blow your turn you'll end up in the lake!


Downtown, or rather most all of, Tahoe City, CA. The large white spot is Tahoe City Golf Course.


Could you ask for a better avionics set up in a trainer?


Better view of Mt. Baldy and my personal playground.


KTRK, aka Truckee Tahoe Airport, looking West at 10,000'.


It's dumping here right now. We are expecting several feet of snow by Saturday. We've already had 16+" since Monday. I love ski season.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, I think my prior post did not get through.
    I was saying that the video was cool, and it was nice of your instructor to film it. Seth & Sprout will love watching it.
    El Supremo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Matt! Way to fly...you make it look easy! Put me on the in-law flight waiting list. Keep blogging, this is excellent!
    ~Barbara

    ReplyDelete