Sunday, September 5, 2010

30+ Years and I Did It

Sorry, no pictures and no video. But a big announcement. I did it.

Passed the oral portion of the exam a week ago today, nailed it! However, the weather was poor last Sunday so we discontinued and re-scheduled for yesterday.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day for flying. Calm winds and sunny skies prevailed. I then proceeded to nail all the PTS maneuvers (including being spot on for the Short Field landing).

Once I parked and killed the engine my DPE turned to me, put out his hand and said congratulations. I got my Private Pilot ASEL temporary license. Hurray for me!

Now I will have more time for this neglected blog. I apologize to my 5 regular readers, you all rock.

Talk to you soon,
Matt

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Hope to fast track and follow you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    I'll be starting on hour 1 very soon, I'm not sure how soon, but I'm setting a goal to solo by March 10. Follow my adventures on http://BornWithoutWings.com

    My biggest Congratulations on obtaining the dream!

    ReplyDelete